Aveco Announces New Products, New Solutions, and New Partners for NAB 2011
Aveco, the worldwide broadcast facility content management and automation solutions specialist, goes into NAB 2011 this year with new products and a new focus on content management. This along with a new corporate branding, new web-site and new partners will help expand Aveco’s success in the rest of the world into the US and Canadian market.
New Product Branding
Aveco has rebranded its extensive collection of applications and solutions as the ASTRA Suite of Tools with a focus on Content Management. It offers a complete solution to manage the lifecycle of a clip from ingest to archive and excels in getting the right clip to the right place at the right time for playout of programs, ads, news and live events. It is made up of:
- ASTRA CMS – Database, facility wide media management, proxy generation, desktop/web browser, rules based file movement, repurposing of content
- ASTRA MCR –Master Control automation for frame accurate playout of programs and commercials. Traffic interface for playlist generation.
- ASTRA News – NRCS interface for playout of news and other live events. MOS interface for generation of the rundown.
- ASTRA STUDIO – Control of studio devices by a single operator to maintain a consistent look and feel of programs, newscasts or other periodic programs
- ASTRA Ingest – Automates ingest from video feeds, file transfers, VTRs, analog and digital file based cameras and even CART machines. Includes tools for quality assurance, transcoding, metadata generation and can be used to digitize old tape libraries direct to archive
New Corporate Look & Feel and New Web-site
As part of the new product branding, customers will see a whole new look and feel for the company with a redesigned red and gray booth. This color scheme and design is carried through on all new collateral including new data sheets and technical notes.
Roger Crooks, new VP of Marketing and Sales
“We see an enormous opportunity in the Americas and have brought Roger Crooks on-board to grow our business in the US and Canada,” said Pavel Potuzak, Managing Director of Aveco. Crooks comes to us from Grass Valley after 16 years as Marketing Manager for the Video Server product line. Crooks has extensive knowledge of the industry, presented papers and seminars at venues around the world, and has written numerous application notes and white papers. His articles and papers have been published in The SMPTE Journal, TV Technology, and Broadcast Engineering.