Location: Prague, LATAM
Would you enjoy installing quality Czech software all over the world? Are you a techie, passionate traveller, looking for a long-term engagement? In that case, join us!
Who we are
Since 1992, Aveco has grown into the TV industry’s largest independent automation company – with production and master control playout automation, media asset management and workflow automation, serving hundreds of the world’s leading broadcasters and media organizations. In addition to the Czech Republic, we have customers in Brazil, Peru, India, the Philippines, Mexico, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Poland, the USA...pretty much everywhere.
We have been expanding worldwide and we are going to continue to grow! There are around 50 of us in Prague, and we also have offices in Los Angeles, Mexico City, Bogota, Geneva, Nice, New Delhi, and Hong Kong.
- Preparation of the environment (network setup, virtual machines installation, etc.)
- Technical collaboration on projects with a focus on delivery of already available features rather than trying to develop new features
- System configuration/scripting as per project definition/specification
- Search/design technical solutions if needed
- Testing & bug fixing of delivered solution including issues reported by end-users
- Travelling to customer sites for interaction with multiple systems
- Documentation of technical solution used within the project
- Cooperation & education of team members, training of end-users
Who will you work with?
You will be part of the project team. You will primarily work with project engineers and managers who will teach you broadcast technologies, explain how things work in "television", show you what our systems can do, and teach you how to configure them. You will discuss technical solutions with presales, then on a daily basis, you will communicate with the customer's or system integrator's technicians to resolve existing or new technical requirements with them. We are a software company, so we develop new solutions for our clients, so you will also be in contact with developers from time to time.
- University degree plus 1 year of experience in a similar position or college plus 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in the broadcast industry is an advantage
- Advanced ability to read, write, and speak English (if location in Prague - Czech language required)
- Deep knowledge of OS LINUX is a must (openSUSE is preferred)
- Scripting: BASH, LUA, GROOVY
- Strong communication skills
- Travel as needed
- Valid driver license (no international restrictions)
What we can offer you?
- Flexible working hours
- Home office on request
- 3 sick days per year
- Financial evaluation according to your work diligence and results
- Great team with a family atmosphere
- Company and occasional informal events
- Help with everything you need
- Other benefits to be discussed during the interview
Contact us for more information: careers @ aveco.com