Location: Praha, Czech Republic
Is networking your thing? Do you like to get things done? Looking for a long-term engagement? Then this position might be for you. We are currently seeking a talented junior/medium level System Administrator to reinforce our IT team.
Who we are?
- We are a team of more than 55 passionate people who build innovative solutions for hundreds of companies in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- We help customers such as television broadcasters and telcos to better create, manage, and deliver their content to their audiences.
- We specialize in studio production automation for live shows, in master control room automation for channels playout, as well as in media asset management. Our solutions are deployed at the customer premises, in the cloud, or a mix of both.
- We are the largest independent automation company, with legendary reliability and worldwide operations. Our team is located across the globe in great locations such as Prague, Los Angeles, Miami, Bogota, New Delhi, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Geneva, Nice, and Dubai.
- We are a stable, privately-owned company, with a long-term commitment to steady growth.
- Aveco is now expanding and we are looking for new talent to sustain our growth.
What you will be doing
As a System Administrator, you will be primarily responsible for our IT infrastructure, monitor system performance and ensuring security standards.
- IT-based systems maintenance
- Installation and configuration of HW/SW including network infrastructure
- Network security and technology tools management
- Accounts and workstations set up
- Issues and outages troubleshooting
- Building and maintenance of an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Creating scripts in Python, Perl, or other languages
You are familiar with:
- Various OS systems and platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Linux OS (deep experience)
- Scripting languages (Python, Perl, or other)
- Good knowledge of networking (infrastructure, protocols, debugging)
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware preferred)
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- At least basic cyber security knowledge (NIS2)
- Overview of system security and data backup/recovery best practices
- Good communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- A willingness to learn
- Very good knowledge of Czech and English languages
- Can work in a team or individually
You should have:
- Technical college or bachelor´s degree in a related area
- 1 year of proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar
We know you can't know everything; Enthusiasm for the cause and willingness to learn and move on is important to us.
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours
- Home office on request
- 3 sick days per year
- Financial evaluation according to your work diligence and results
- Great team with a family atmosphere
- Company and occasional informal events: bike trips; we go for a beer from time to time, plus we barbecue together
- Help with everything you need
- Other benefits to be discussed during the interview
Contact us for more information: career @ aveco.com