Technical Support Engineer
Location: Prague, remote after training.
Do you have experience with providing support and enjoy helping others? Would you enjoy diverse communication with different nationalities? Then this role might be the one for you!
We are looking for a skilled person who would join our support team in Prague. The main goal of this position is to maintain a positive relationship and a friendly atmosphere with the customers.
Since 1992, Aveco has grown into the TV industry’s largest independent automation company – with production and master control playout automation, media asset management and workflow automation serving over 300 of the world’s leading broadcasters. In addition to the Czech Republic, we have customers in Brazil, Peru, India, the Philippines, Mexico, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Poland, the USA...pretty much everywhere..
We have been expanding worldwide and we are going to continue to grow! There are around 40 of us in Prague, and we also have offices in Miami, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Bogota, Geneva, Nice, New Delhi, and Hong Kong.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails and ticketing system regarding all company-supported application
- Register and maintain all incoming incidents in the ticketing system
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, issue resolution, and communication
- Maintain standalone systems as well as systems delivered as SaaS
- Work closely with project and development teams for complex problems solving
- Communicate in a timely manner with customers, while adhering to our Service Level Agreement for issue response/resolution
- Adapt and learn new concepts and products
- Write professional issue reports and documents
- Availability for off-hours and weekends, as needed
- University Degree + 1 year of experience in a similar position or College + 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Fluency in Czech, advanced English
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new concepts and products
- Basic knowledge of Linux-based systems (OpenSUSE preferred)
- Experience with networking and network troubleshooting
- Experience with analytical and monitoring tools (Kibana, Zabbix)
- Experience with ticketing systems (REDMINE, JIRA, etc.) and repositories (GIT, SVN)
- Experience with accessing customers remotely via VPN, desktop, etc.
- Cooperation with team members working in different timezones
- Ability to take on shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities
What we can offer you?
- Flexible working hours
- Home office
- 3 sick days
- Financial evaluation according to your work experience and results
- Great team with a family atmosphere
- Company and occasional informal events
- Help with everything you need
- Other benefits to be discussed during the interview
Contact us for more information: careers @ aveco.com